T H E P L A Y E R S
Portraits from Whimsey World, 2019.
Rehearsal photos, 2019
What the Players are saying about Whimsey World:
- Jennifer Auromo – (Irish Pub Dancer, PrincessSpinderella) I love going home to see my parents. I like being Spinderella because I can spin!
- Ashley Avallone – (Meg Talks Show Videographer, Irish Party Dancer, Seventh Dwarf Mopey) I am normally shy. I don’t like to be on stage. However, I am now an actress with the East End Special Players, and I just have to say… nothing. I am fine. Enjoy the show.
- Aurore Berty – (Meg Talks Show Audience Member, Blinkerbell) I like it when I tell everyone about my dream job at the beginning of the play. I like my wings as part of my costume as Blinkerbell. I love my family. I know my dad is watching over me. I miss him.
- Justin Brown – (John Peterman, a young man who dreams to work for Whimsey World Resorts and be on Television) All I can say is I am so happy to be a part of East End Special Players because I have had the chance to write a play that is so much a part of what I really dream of doing! I am crazy about Disney World and I love acting and I’m going to try to get into an acting school.
- Ian Dupree – (Meg Talks Show Audience Member, A Rabbit, Chigger, and Sixth Dwarf Wheezy) I like going to church. I like all my parts in the play. I like to laugh as Wheezy the Dwarf. I also like to dance with my friend Nakowa when we are rabbits.
- Deanna Enright – (Winnie Mouse, Princess Snowflake) I love being an actress. I travel a long way to come here, but I am devoted to the Players. I am really proud of myself for memorizing all my lines, too.
- Lynn Fletcher – (Linnie Mouse, Traveling Dancer, French Daughter, Irish Pub Dancer and Princess Rice-A-Roni) I just know that I have had so many good times as an actress. I love all my parts, especially when I get to dance. I really like the French music!
- Julian Garcia – (Rock Star, A Cop) I never thought I wanted to act, but I found out I love it! I love, love my costume and I like saying, “What in God’s name have you been up to Lump?” I usually go to swimming class before I come to rehearsal. I have a busy schedule. I work out a lot. I also have a job Southampton Youth Services (SYS). I have a volunteer job at the Rogers Memorial Library and at Heart of the Hamptons. I am waiting to start another job at the new Provisions!
- Bill Gillis – (Meg Talks Show Audience Member, President Ronald Lump) “You’re fired!” I like saying that line. It makes me laugh. I like playing the “boss” in our play, Whimsey World. I am proud of myself.
- Lillian Havens – (Woman Asking for a Ride, Sleeping Attendant, Fourth Dwarf Weepy) I am one of the oldest Players. When I first started in the East End Special Players, I was afraid to talk. Now, I love to! I always want more lines. I invented all my characters in Whimsey World, along with the dialogue. My favorite line is, “Oh, what’s that sexy smell?”
- Joe Hodgens – (Meg Talks Show Audience Member, Pops The Dad) “I don’t know”. Ha, ha… I like to say that when I don’t know my lines, but I really do. I like to travel all the time with my family. Jacqui says I have to show up for play practice, but I would rather go on a road trip. I love to watch movies. Tanya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan kissed their careers goodbye.
- Maria Iliou – (Poet) With my daughter, Athena, I drive over an hour to come to play practice. Sometimes I get there and rehearsal is almost over. It’s hard for me to raise my daughter and at the same time do the things I like to do. I am a true poet at heart. I love to write. I have won special awards for my poems. My latest one is Autumn Stones.
- Jayda Jackson – (Irish Pub Dancer, Princess Gianna) “Jacquiiiiii…. shhhhhhh…..” Acting, yes! I like to dance. I memorize my lines and say them with my mother at home. She helps me.
- Rebecca Janson – (Meg Talks Show Applause Sign Holder, Dookie Duck, Snow Blight) This is my first time performing with the East End Special Players. I am honored and scared, but excited. It feels so great to be a part of this group. I love to give help where needed, and I love to be performing for all of you.
- Nicholas Luizzi – (The Truckdriver, A Cop) I like to say “Howdy!” I am happy to be in the play. I know my dad is watching me from the clouds. I have a picture of him in my pocket. I am so excited to be in the play and make up my own lines. I also like living in the L’Arche community and going to my day job.
- Lucy Melville – (Mother of the Peterman Brothers) I really enjoy myself when I come to the East End Special Players. I took some time off a while ago, and I realized I missed it. So, I am back again with my dog, Lulu. I’m allowed to bring her because she keeps me calm. I enjoy so many things in my life, especially living by myself.
- Timothy Motyka – ( David Peterman, who dreams of being a Producing and Directing Superstar) The play was a creation really from me. I know all the actors created their own characters, but my friend Justin and I were the real brains behind it. I really do dream of being a producing and directing superstar. I love acting and I also really like working at my new job, at the YMCA.
- Marsha Postowski – (Irish Dancer, Fourth Dwarf, Stumpy) I like riding on the Town bus every Saturday to come to rehearsal. I like to get my hair dyed also. I live in a group home with my dear friend Nancy. I have to be very careful walking because I have had some falls. That doesn’t stop me from coming to the rehearsals. I wouldn’t miss them for anything.
- Phebe Rogers – (MEG Talks Audience Member, Traveling Dancer, French Dancer, Irish Dancer, and Mary Floppins) I have been in the East End Special Players since I was thirteen years old. I am now in my thirties. I like to dance and act. Sometimes I have a little bit of a hard time remembering my lines. Besides going to rehearsal, I have a paying job at the Hampton Library. In the summer I work at the North Sea Farms greenhouse. I love to go to Explorers Program also!
- Carolyn Roth – (Meg Talks Applause Sign Holder, Peterman Brothers’ Nosy Sister) I think this is a really good play, and I like yelling at my brothers, the one’s in the play that is! They are a bunch of turkeys! I dedicate this show to my mom and dad who I miss very much.
- Angela Shipkowski – (Minnie the Moo, Irish Pub Dancer, Princess Spasmine) I like to act and I also like to work at my job, The Hampton’s Care Nursing Home. I enjoy rehearsals because I get to sit with Nick.
- Eliot Smith – (Boyfriend who works at Carvel) I have a lot of fun at play practice. I wish I didn’t have a sore knee. I have to go to the doctor’s a lot. I work at the Southampton Hampton’s Care Nursing Home. I like to help the elderly.
- Diane Walderman – (Meg Talks Show Audience Member, Mary the Irish Pub Singer and Comedian, Carnival Gypsy, Mrs. Shanks) I love to sing. I am always singing in the plays that we perform in. I have so many friends at the East End Special Players. I am blind and they are always watching out for me, onstage and off. I’m delighted when my family comes to visit me.
- Nakowa Weeks – (Meg Talks Show Audience Member, A Dog, A Rabbit, Peterman Brothers’ Uncle, Third Dwarf Smashful) I am always changing my costume in the play. It is fun! I love to howl as the dog and I like to dance as the rabbit. I still work at McDonald’s, and I enjoy cooking at the Explorers Program.
- Betsy Weinberger – (Announcer, Winkerbell) I have been with the Players for many years. We have always had a good time. I met my husband, Tommy, when I joined the group. I dedicate my performance to my husband, who passed away several years ago. I love and miss him so much.
- David Whelan – (Wiglet, A Dancing Bunny, Irish Dancer, The Second Dwarf, Pappy) I am having a good time in the play. I giggle with my friends, Nakowa and Ian. I live in a group home and I come home on weekends sometimes to be with my mom and dad and my sister.
- Bill Wilson – (Meg Talks Show Audience Member, Irish Pub Dancer, Fifth Dwarf Woc) I like to always come to rehearsal. I like circle time because I can let everyone know how my family is doing and how many nieces and nephews I have. I love my family, and I love Marsha my girlfriend.
- Nancy Young – (Meg Talks Show Audience Member, Peterman Brothers’ Aunt, Woman #2 Asking for a Ride) When I walk on stage, I get a little nervous. We are taught to do breathing exercises. I like creating my roles, and sometimes I get annoyed if I don’t have enough lines. Our director always tries her best to give everyone the lines they want to say.